QuickBooks Basics I - free workshopName: QuickBooks Basics I - free workshopDate: October 16, 2017Time: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM EDTWebsite: Register hereEvent Description:
Oxford Hills SCORE is pleased to offer our QuickBooks workshop series this year for small businesses in our community and beyond. This important software can help with your invoicing, tracking sales and expenses, and handling your bookkeeping requirements for tax preparation. QuickBooks will let you sync your data across your computer, tablet and smart phone mobile devices when you need it.
This four night, expanded version is intended to broaden your understanding of QuickBooks and allow for greater hands on functionality. The version we will use targets the PC platform and not the Apple laptop so please insure you are a PC-based user.
Here are the specific objectives of each evening’s session:
Objectives- Part I. Introduction (October 16th)
- Basic principles of accounting
- Accounting behind the scenes in QuickBooks
- An overview of QuickBooks data files and types
- Opening Portable Files
- How to restore backup files
- Entering transactions in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks user interface featuresAbout QuickBooks help and support
Objectives- Part II. Sales Process (October 18th)
- Track company sales
- Set up customer records in the Customer Center
- Track income and expenses by Job
- Record sales receipts
- Use the Undeposited Funds account to track your cash receipts
- Record invoices and payments from customers
- Record bank deposits of cash, check, and credit card receipts
- Objectives- Part III. Expenses (October 23rd)
- Set up vendors in the vendor list
- Understand how to use classes in QuickBooks
- Use QuickBooks for job costing
- Enter expense transactions in several different ways
- Manage accounts payable transactions
Objectives- Part IV. Reports (October 25th)
- Describe several types of QuickBooks reports
- Create several different accounting reports
- Create several different business management reports
- Create graphs
- Customize the look of reports and filter the data on reports
- Memorize and group reports
- Process and print multiple reports in batches
- Use the Search command to find transactions
- Use QuickZoom to see the “numbers behind the numbers” on reports
- Export reports to spreadsheets for further analysis
Who Should Attend?
- Any business owner wanting to implement a sound accounting tool for their business
- Any business bookkeeper needing efficient software that tracks income and expenses all in one place
- Anyone seeking to better understand the features and capabilities of QuickBooks.
Michael Fortin from Augusta, graduated from Thomas College in Waterville with a BA in Business Education, has worked as an accountant for both government and the private sector for more than 20 years with 8 years devoted to teaching QuickBooks as an Intuit QuickBooks Certified instructor. He is also a Maine small business owner for 24 years at Power Mixers, a Maine DJ serving northern Maine events.
Space is limited so please register by Wednesday, October 9th. This workshop requires you to bring your own PC laptop and we will install a temporary QuickBooks Accountant 2015 license for these four classes so please come to the first class by 5:00 pm. If you have Quickbooks Pro 2015 that you are using, please bring your PC laptop with this installed. Please let us know if you do not have a PC laptop to use.