HOW TO LOG IN AND EDIT/ADD STUFF to your listing on www.bethelmaine.com:
1. Go to www.bethelmaine.com.
2. Click on Members at bottom of page.
3. Click on Member Area in left sidebar.
4. Log in. (You'll see options if you have forgotten your username or password.)
Edit away! Put good copy in both description boxes (think search words!). Add photos (must be .jpg or .gif files and low resolution*). Add promotions. Add a video. Add a press release. Look at your stuff from the front end - is it clear to a website visitor?
5. Sign out when finished. (If you forget, program will eventually sign you out.)
Formatting photos to squares looks best -- particularly the small photo (100 pixels x 100 pixels) which appears when your business is in a list. The larger photo (300 x 300 pixels) does not need to be square -- but square looks very good.
DO NOT USE Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) for adding events, promotions, press releases -- unfixable bug in program -- sorry. Good habit for bethelmaine.com is to use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
VIDEO - HOW TO EDIT YOUR LISTING:
VIDEO - HOW TO ADD AN EVENT:
VIDEO - HOW TO ADD A PROMOTION:
*MORE PHOTO INFO HERE:
Some instructions for your Member Listings photos:
• Photos must be .jpg or .gif files. (.png or .bmp or .tif will not work!!!)
• Photo1 on your Member Listings must be 100x100 pixels.
• The image must be square.
• 100x100 pixels look about 1" x 1" on a 19" monitor)
• Photo2 on your Member Listings may be up to 300 pixels horizontally
• 300x300 pixels look about 3" x 3" on a 19" monitor)
• Please use a low-resolution picture (72dpi or near)
• Photo files should be no larger than 500KB. This means you CANNOT just upload a picture from your digital camera (that will be way too big). You need to take your camera picture and resize it to the proper pixel size.
• To work with photos, try one of these free tools Picasa from Google or Picnik
You can always contact the Chamber for help! (207) 824-2282 or email email@example.com.
Don't stress out about your photos! We can help.
-- Julia and Jessie