What does the Bethel Area Chamber of Commerce do?
- Facilitates communication between our business members and the other facets of our community: municipal officials, the administration of the local educational institutions, the leadership of the other community organizations and the general public.
- Staffs and operates a local and regional information center.
- Organizes community events and provides a central marketing repository for all our members' events, in addition to myriad events organized by other community groups, churches and local non-profits.
- Develops and facilitates marketing projects to promote the Bethel area in all four seasons.
- Provides many marketing opportunities for our members. (See Marketing Opportunities link for detail on this.)
- Organizes networking events for our members including a monthly Community Networking Breakfast and a monthly Business After Hours.
- Organizes and coordinates media tours of the Bethel area.
- Works with the Maine Film Commission to attract independent and feature movies to the area, as well as commercials and catalog/magazine photo shoots.