UMaine 4-H Camp & Learning Center at Bryant Pond
- Event/Conference Rooms
- Non Profit Organizations
- Educational Institutions
- Outdoor Learning
- Children's Camps
The mission of of the camp is to provide affordable, experiential education in conservation and in the development of outdoor skills, within a natural setting, for people of all ages and backgrounds. This mission supports the broader mission of the University of Maine Cooperative Extension 4-H Youth Development Program, to help Maine people improve their lives through education that uses research-based knowledge focused on issues, needs and aspirations.
Our Vision: The University of Maine Cooperative Extension 4-H envisions a future in which, as a direct result of its educational programs, the people of Maine will:
- see themselves as citizens of a nation and a planet where human culture is related to the protection of national resources, and act as stewards to sustain them;
- direct and adapt to change to improve their lives;
- make decisions about their lives and the resources at their disposal to improve health, economic well-being and satisfaction;
- know where to find reliable information and how to use it in solving the problems they face, individually and collectively, through voluntary action;
- recognize their relationships to one another and act in ways that honor and respect all people;
- direct public policy through active participation in identifying problems, selecting among alternative solutions and setting priorities;
- understand the inter-relationship of issues facing communities and the state and their individual actions.