Mill Brook Craft SeriesName: Mill Brook Craft SeriesDate: August 15, 2019Time: 1:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDTEvent Description:
Thursday afternoons this summer, from July 11 through Sept. 5, highly skilled craftspeople will lead workshops in the newly-completed Twitchell Education Center — a replica, on the exterior, of Dr. Moses Mason’s 19th century private library building. Each week, a different craft will be highlighted, with historical background, demonstrations, and opportunities for hands-on experience provided to participants.
Although admission to individual sessions is free, seating is limited, so pre-registration is encouraged (207-824-2908 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Workshops will begin at 1:00 PM; the Twitchell Education Center is located next to the Dr. Moses Mason House at 14 Broad Street, Bethel. The Series is supported by the Florence Bickford Hastings Traditional Crafts Fund and presented in memory of beloved volunteer and educator Tineke Ouwinga.
Schedule of Craft workshops:
- July 11, Quilting – Donna Gillis
- July 18, Soap-making – Norman Milliard
- July 25, Art & Book Illustrating (book signing) – Heidi Kendrick
- Aug. 1, Historic Ironwork – Richard Duka
- Aug. 8, Timber-framing – J. Scott Campbell
- Aug. 15, Needlepoint & Fancy Embroidery – Pam Sheerin
- Aug. 22, Writing & Communication – Amy Wight Chapman
- Aug. 29, Chair-seating & Basket-making – Wendy Hutchins
- Sept. 5, Pine needle Basket-making - Donna Cairns