Site Supervisor/Lead Carpenter (10+ years experience)
Do you love your craft and want to work on high quality, innovative and creative projects? Are you passionate about building and looking for work that aligns with your values? Do you want to join a growing construction company, focusing on Passive House construction, with a young and diverse crew (33% women on crew)?
Based in Bethel, Maine, Maine Passive House is hiring a full-time Site Supervisor/Lead Carpenter. We are a small but growing firm specializing in Passive House residential construction and retrofits that incorporate sustainable materials, low energy use and net-zero energy. Our projects are mostly high-end residential requiring attention to detail and cost-effectiveness. We believe supporting our employees, clients and the environment are integral to the success of our company and community.
We are looking for someone with a minimum 10 years of authentic hands-on custom carpentry experience on a wide variety of projects from takeoffs and layout, to rafters and stairs. This is a tool-belt-on position that will lead the on-site crew. Our ideal candidate is knowledgeable in high performance building or wants to learn about new ways of building that go beyond satisfying the basic building code. They have a working knowledge of exterior insulation, detailing rain-screens, advanced framing, air sealing and the building science that motivates us to build this way.
The compensation range for this position is $25-35+ per hour dependent upon abilities and experience. Benefits include 7 paid holidays with additional Paid Time Off accrued based on hours worked, paid training to advance your skills, and an IRA with up to 3% company match.
1. Excellent rough and finish carpentry skills
2. Coordinate all aspects of running the jobsite in conjunction with the production team while supporting a positive work environment with our diverse team. Manage a safe, organized job site and tool trailer.
3. Organize work to meet deadlines and prioritize competing tasks. Supervise and assign responsibilities to your crew and subs to work optimally and efficiently. Lead, train and motivate your team to meet the production schedule without sacrificing quality.
4. Assist with estimating, planning for material lead times, anticipating issues, maintaining project schedule and tracking project budget. Read and interpret plans accurately for layout, specifications, material takeoffs and ordering.
5. Process information quickly and accurately and resolve problems as they arise. Know when to make judgment calls and when to consult the PM or General Manager. Be able to self-direct or follow with a positive attitude and can-do spirit, whatever the task.
6. Communicate thoughtfully, effectively and consistently with co-workers, subs and clients while maintaining a calm demeanor in the face of adversity. Seek feedback for improvement, be open to criticism, and not defensive.
7. Be comfortable with current information technology used on job sites including web-based project management systems, consistent and timely electronic communications, and accurate record keeping. Continually increase your knowledge on your own and by attending workshops, seminars and trade shows with financial assistance from the Company.
We are committed to continually developing a diverse staff and provide equal opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, age, color, gender, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation or disability.
How to Apply:
Please introduce yourself, describe your relevant work experience and why you would be a great addition to our crew. Include three references with phone numbers and an up-to-date resume. Email to: email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $35.00 per hour