Sunday River is hiring cashiers to deliver exceptional service to our day lodge customers! Full-time and part-time positions are available.
Cashiers meet, greet and converse with guests and provide them with top-notch customer service from the start to the finish of the guest experience. They are responsible for managing large amounts of money and reconciling sales at the end of the day with the cashroom. Cashiers are responsible for correctly identifying items for purchase in the POS system and receiving payment from the guests and must maintain a clean and organized work space and operate within Local, State, Federal and Sunday River guidelines.
At times this job can be intense and high stress due to peak volume, so a successful candidate will have the ability to do more than one thing at a time. This position requires the capacity to describe all items on the outlet's menus and inform guests of the menu choices at other mountain restaurants, promote area activities and be able to answer general knowledge questions involving the resort. Cashiers must operate at all times under the guidelines of Boyne's Brand Standards and must be physically able to spend the majority of the work day on their feet and be able to push, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds. Cashiers also must be physically able to climb stairs numerous times throughout each shift.
Cashier shifts usually start at 6AM and end at or before 6PM, based on business demands and operating hours. Shifts include weekends and holidays with more time being needed during periods of extremely heavy business (especially Christmas and President's week).
- Pick up cash bank from the cashroom at start of each shift and count to make sure bank is correct and matches the bank sheet
- Receive cash, credit cards, resort charge cards, and foreign money as payment during guest transactions
- Cashiers are responsible for all activity on their registers and must keep their area clean, neat, and organized throughout their shift
- Assist with restocking and replenishing beverages and other FOH food items
- Complete opening and closing shift duties, cashouts, and sidework as assigned by MOD, FOH supervisor or Lead Server
- Immediately communicate with the Manager in regards to any guest concerns or complaints
- Must be able to quickly and correctly answer guest questions in regards to the menu, upselling, and ingredients
- Communicate to MOD maintenance and repairs as needed for FOH in order for bar and/or dining room to be presentable and in working order for all guests.
- Follow state, local, federal, and Sunday River guidelines and laws on proper service
- Must be able to inform guests of the menu choices at other mountain restaurants, promote area activities and be able to answer general knowledge questions involving the resort
- Responsible for operating the FOH within the guidelines outlined in the Boyne Brand Standard Audit
- At times of high volume within the resort, assistance may be required outside of the assigned outlet
Previous experience is preferred but not required.