Golf Course Starter/Player Assistant
The Golf Course Starter/Player Assistant position is a guest service role on the Sunday River Golf Course.
Starters welcome guests on the Sunday River Golf Course. Their main purpose is to keep track of starting times and ensure appropriate pace of play so guests have the best experience possible.
- Ensure pace of play is maintained for the benefit and satisfaction of players.
- Maintain open and effective communication with all players.
- Act upon any queries made by players.
- Report any inappropriate behavior to the Golf Professional.
- Direct, coordinate and ensure that members and guests are following their assigned course.
- Convey information regarding pace-of-play, and course rules to each group.
- Be fully knowledgeable of the daily tee sheet, events.
- Learn and promote the development’s services, facilities, and amenities and be able to promote and direct guests accordingly.
- Maintain the appearance of the first tee area ensuring it is neat, tidy and clear of all debris, broken tees, trash, etc., at all times.
- Ensure all members and guests are operating golf cars in a safe manner.
- Comply with all standard operating procedures and policies of Sunday River Resort.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the management team.
- Previous golf and/or guest service experience is a required
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 25 lbs
- Enjoy working outdoors in variable weather conditions