Hotel Bell Captain
Sunday River is in need of a Bell Captain to manage the day-to-day operations of the bell, valet, and ski check team members. The Bell Captain also will help the Front Office Manager with recruiting, interviewing, scheduling, training, coaching and counseling team members.
- Lead by example and able to carry out all duties of the bell team members. This includes, but is not limited to: greeting guests at arrival, carrying and transporting luggage to and from rooms, taking the lead with prepaid groups, and answering any questions about Sunday River Resort and the surrounding area.
- Encourage and train staff to provide the highest level of service to all guests. Hold staff accountable and counsel and discipline in a productive manner, as needed. Create a positive and productive work environment that works cohesively and communicates well with all Resort departments.
- Work with Front Office Manager to compose weekly schedules according to staffing needs, occupancy, and group arrivals and departures. Must manage labor costs and understand monthly budgets.
- Operation of valet service, making sure all guest keys and vehicles are secure and well-kept. Staff must be proficiently trained in and aware of all valet procedures.
- Ensure cleanliness of parking lots and arrival experience at the hotels, bell desks, bell closets and lobbies.
- Able and willing to work long hours outdoors in changing weather conditions. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Abide by and uphold Sunday River Resort and Boyne, USA policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Valid Driver’s License and a clean and clear driving record
- Previous guest service experience in a hotel or resort environment is preferred and management experience is appreciated
- Enjoy working outdoors!