Someday Bigger Day Care at Sunday River is looking for Daycare Attendants to take care of children from the ages of 6 weeks to 6 years in a daycare setting. Special attention is focused on the safety, health, and well-being of each child. Light housekeeping duties are expected of each Team Member and attendants must be able and willing to change diapers, clean vomit, etc. Daycare Attendants should be prepared for inside and outside play.
Daycare Attendants need to be able to understand and relate to children on their level. They must have an understanding of infant/toddler/pre-school development and be able to work as a team.
Part-time and full-time positions are available. We have an immediate need for this position so apply today!
- Welcome children to the center. Assist in marking all children's belongings
- Recognize children learn and have fun through exploration and use of their senses
- Prepare activities, which stimulate children and provide opportunities for fine motor skills as well as cognitive, emotional and social growth
- Be responsible for all aspects of feeding, caring for infants and toddlers
- Monitor sleep room
- Take children outside for walks and play time
- Assist in prep work (cleaning, planning projects) for next day
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in a licensed childcare facility is a plus.
Ongoing trainings while working in Someday Bigger Day Care is required.
Must be able to perform all job responsibilities satisfactorily and be able to lift up to 50lbs., bend, twist, kneel, and sit on the floor.