Speedworks Tuning and Repair Manager
Sunday River is hiring a Speedworks Tuning and Repair Manager!
Speedworks is the country's only race equipment tuning partnership between a resort and college prep academy. New this winter, Speedworks will be located Gould Academy's new on-snow complex just 5 miles from Sunday River Resort, on-campus in Bethel, Maine.
This unique position reports to the Vice President of Skier Services at Sunday River and is tasked with hiring and managing a team of technicians and providing exceptional guest service to full-time Gould Academy on-snow athletes, coaches, faculty, and
(indirectly) parents, as it relates to the ongoing race equipment orders, equipment maintenance, and repair.
On snow disciplines serviced will include alpine, snowboarding, and Nordic.
The Speedworks Tuning and Repair Manager oversees numerous functions related to a high-quality equipment tuning and
repair shop, including but not limited to: ongoing safety training, opening and closing a point of sale, tracking and filing all paperwork and any binding certifications, maintaining a clean and organized area, and ordering/stocking/tracking inventory
and repairs as needed.
- Tune race equipment with consistent perfection
- Fit the highest performing skiers into the proper equipment including bindings and boots.
- Ensure that athletes are well-equipped for any day of training and/or racing
- Maintain knowledge of current or new industry products and trends
- Strict adherence to company cash handling policies and procedures
- Organize and track supply inventory
- Address and safeguard against theft, both internally and externally
- Consistently look for ways to improve processes
- Lead by example: arrive on time, with proper, clean attire and appearance, and act as a representative of Sunday River Resort to fellow team members, valued resort partners, and minors
- Protect, promote, and train safety to self, team, and customers
- Promptly report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to direct supervisor
- Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to direct supervisor and appropriate department(s), following documented procedures
- Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures
- Operate equipment /tools in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of self and/or others
- Basic computer skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Friendly, personable, and comfortable working with people
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Experience with point of sale systems – preferred
- Passion for the snowsports industry – preferred
- Disciplined, responsible, and accountable
- Ability to motivate staff and lead by a positive example