Lift Mechanic (Experienced)
Sunday River is seeking a full-time, year-round experienced Lift Mechanic to join the team. Lift Mechanics are responsible for maintaining, repairing and assisting in the operation of chairlifts across Sunday River's 8 peaks. Mechanics complete preventative maintenance, troubleshoot malfunctions and perform daily inspections and evaluations. The ideal candidate will enjoy working independently and in a team setting, be mechanically-minded, and works well under pressure.
- Assist the Lift Maintenance Manager with the operations and maintenance of the lifts.
- Oversees the care and maintenance of equipment and tools, and ensures that all vehicles assigned are properly maintained.
- Schedule maintenance around the needs of the lifts while in operation, keeping in mind the needs of the resort.
- Assist with planning projects and ensuring that materials and equipment are available when needed.
- Work with Lift Operations and assist with the training of the operators.
- Conduct Daily, Weekly, Bi-weekly and Monthly inspections for any existing or potential problems, to maintain and repair lifts according to prescribed procedures and document as required, review and maintain documentation for such regularly.
- Assist with the opening of lifts and make yourself available in areas that may require assistance or special needs and or repairs.
- Become thoroughly familiar with the operation and maintenance of lifts based on the manufacturer’s manual and the codes regulating the lifts.
- When mechanical problems are reported, locate and diagnose problems, plan and perform necessary repairs, and report major problems to the Lift Maintenance Manager.
- Perform a variety of lift maintenance and construction tasks and projects.
- Assist the Lift Maintenance Manager with completing written log sheets, work orders and daily log sheets.
- Assist with Quality Assurance on all work performed on lifts.
- Become thoroughly familiar with: Welding and fabricating, rigging, electrical schematics, blueprints, hydraulics, basic electrical skills, diesel and gas engines, hydrostatics, NDT process
- To be successful at this job, you must have at least five years' (combination winter and summer) of Lift Maintenance experience within an established Lift Maintenance crew and have displayed excellent attendance and performance
- Physically, you must be capable of routine use of off road vehicles, repetitive bending, stooping, and lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Climbing and working at or above 65 feet and working outside in all of nature's glory.
- A valid state driver's license is required with no alcohol related convictions within the last three years and not more than three moving violations within the past three years.