Sunday River is seeking friendly and outgoing bartenders!
Bartenders meet and greet guests, prepare, and serve alcoholic drinks for guests while complying with all Local, State, Federal, and Sunday River laws and guidelines. Bartenders are responsible for serving food and non-alcoholic beverages while maintaining a great attitude, even when (and especially when!) the job can be intense and high-stress during peak volume periods. A successful candidate will have the ability to multitask and will demonstrate proper money management, managing of the cash drawer, and accurate cashouts daily. This position requires the capacity to describe all items on the outlet's drink, wine, and food menus and a qualified candidate will be physically able to spend the majority of their work day on their feet while pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
Bartending shifts are available both days and nights and include weekends and holidays with more time being needed during periods of extremely heavy business.
- Daily set-up, stocking, tear-down, and over all cleanliness and sanitization of bar and/or restaurant
- Complete opening and closing shift duties, cashouts, managing cash drawer, and completing sidework as assigned by MOD or FOH supervisor
- Constantly communicate with the Manager in regards to any and all supply needs
- Work with the Manager to promote drink specials, wine list, and beer selections
- Communicate maintenance and repairs as needed for FOH in order for bar and/or dining room to be presentable and in working order for all guests
- Follow state, local, federal, and Sunday River guidelines and laws on proper liquor service, proper pours, and proper service
- Must be able to inform guests of the menu choices at other mountain restaurants, promote area activities and be able to answer general knowledge questions involving the resort
- Responsible for operating the FOH within the guidelines outlined in the Boyne Brand Standard Audit
- At times of high volume within the resort, assistance may be required outside of the assigned outlet
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- Previous bartending experience and T.I.P.S. training preferred
- 3 years' FOH serving experience required