Join the Sunday River Food and Beverage team!
Bussers are a front of the house, direct guest facing, hands-on position. Busser responsibilities include clearing sanitizing, resetting tables, maintaining clean table basis, floors around the tables, and chairs, opening and closing sidework. Assisting with supporting all front of house operations assisting bar staff and wait staff when needed. This is a front line position that may involves direct and intense customer contact. As a result the ability to converse with customers is essential.
The person must be physically able to spend the majority of their work day on their feet, in most cases the entire shift excluding breaks, and be able to push, pull, and lift up to 45 lb. The shifts may be both days and/or nights depending on the outlet's hours of operation and include weekends and holidays with more time being needed during periods of extremely heavy business. For example Christmas week and Presidents week. The person must present a professional manner and have the ability to maintain their composure during pressure situations resulting from business levels and time constraints.
- Bussers are responsible for daily set-up, stocking, tear-down, and overall cleanliness and sanitization of their service areas and FOH in the restaurant.
- Keep floors, chairs and tables clean in their sections, pre bussing tables, bussing, and resetting tables.
- Assist servers and bartenders in restocking service areas, stocking ice, polishing and restocking glassware and silverware.
- Keep service and bar areas stocked with condiments, paper goods, beverages, etc.
- Sweep or mop the line or service area as directed by supervisor on duty.
- At times will be required to assist in dish area in periods of high volume.
- At times will be required to assist with food running during periods of high volume.
- Complete opening and closing shift duties, and perform sidework as assigned by MOD, FOH supervisor or Lead Server.
- Communicate with the Manager in regards to any guest concerns or complaints.
- Communicate to MOD maintenance and repairs as needed for FOH in order for bar and/or dining room to be presentable and in working order for all guests.
- Must be able to inform guests of other mountain restaurants, promote area activities and be able to answer general knowledge questions involving the resort.
- Responsible for operating the FOH within the guidelines outlined in the Boyne Brand Standard Audit.
- At times of high volume within the resort, assistance may be required outside of their assigned outlet.
Strong interpersonal skills and a background in customer service and hospitality preferred but not necessary. Must be able to walk/stand for 8+ hours a day and lift, push, and pull 50+ pounds.