Day Lodge/Cafe Supervisor
Join our F&B Team! The Front of House Day Lodge Supervisor is responsible for the daily operation of one of our three day lodges with a primary focus on guest satisfaction. This is a front-of-the-house, directly guest-facing, hands-on position requiring the ability to train and manage a staff of up to 30 people while performing tasks key to daily operation (cashiering, restocking, bussing, assisting on the back line in some cases).
The supervisor will work solely from the day lodge floor and is responsible for appropriately interacting with as many guests as possible while maintaining a steady flow at the registers and planning to manage anticipated volume of business. This position must be able address guest issues and operate at all times under the guidelines of Boyne's Brand Standards.
Supervisors must have strong communication skills and be comfortable talking to our guests during positive and negative experiences. They must also be able to inform guests of the menu choices at other mountain restaurants, promote area activities and be able to answer general knowledge questions involving the resort. Day Lodge Supervisors must have strong knowledge of POS operation and be able to reconcile the day's sales at the end of the shift. Supervisors are responsible for confirming that all opening and closing sidework has been done, completing end of day cashout reconciliations with staff, and securing the day lodge.
The person in this position must be physically able to spend the majority of the work day on their feet and be able to push, pull, and lift up to 50 pounds. Available shifts are mostly days, with some nights needed for special events, and include weekends and holidays. A typical work week will be between 40-50 hours, with more time being needed during periods of extremely heavy business like Christmas week and President's week. This position must present a professional manner an have the ability to maintain their composure during pressure situations resulting from business levels and time constraints. The FOH supervisor acts as the MOD in the absence of a Manager. This position reports directly to the manager or the Director.
- Hiring, training, and scheduling staff under direction from the Manager or Director
- When acting as MOD the FOH supervisor will:
- Assign cashier stations and make sure all staff is set up for success
- Pick up cash banks from the cashroom and count to make sure the bank is correct and matches the bank sheet. This is required for outlets not in South Ridge
- Oversee cashiers to assure that they are being responsible in receiving cash, credit cards, resort charge cards and foreign money for payment of guest transactions
- Make sure cashiers' areas are kept clean, neat, and organized throughout their shift
- Oversee and assist with restocking and replenishing beverages and other FOH food items
- Follow current written training plan, or implement an acceptable alternative, for onboarding all FOH Day Lodge staff
- Be on the floor during peak business hours for the breakfast and lunch rush
- Coordinate and oversee all front of house staff in the absence of the Manager or Director
- Constantly interact with guests
- Maintain knowledge of menu and pricing within the outlet. Must be able to quickly and correctly answer guest questions in regards to the menu, upselling, and ingredients, and offer suggestions
- Must be able to inform guests of the menu choices at other mountain restaurants, promote area activities and be able to answer general knowledge questions involving the resort
- Assign opening and closing shift duties, check out staff for end of shift cashouts, and sidework completion.
- Make cuts to staffing levels based on business volume
- Constantly communicate with the Manager in regards to any and all supply needs
- Request maintenance and repairs as needed for FOH in order for dining room to be presentable and in working order for all guests
- Communicate frequently with back and front of house staff to properly manage the flow of business
- Conduct pre-shift meetings with staff
- Operate within the guidelines outlined in the Boyne Brand Standard Audit
- At times of high volume within the resort, assistance may be required outside of the outlet
2 or more years' experience in a similar role required.