Sunday River's Restaurant Supervisor is responsible for the daily operation of a full service restaurant with a primary focus on guest satisfaction. This is a front of the house, direct guest facing, hands on position requiring the ability to train and manage a staff of up to 25 people while performing a specific job task in the operation (host/hostess, buss, serve, bartend, bar back) to support the team.
The supervisor will work solely from the restaurant floor and is responsible for appropriately interacting with as many guests as possible, making table visits during peak volume, and addressing guest issues. The person in this position must operate at all times under the guidelines of Boyne's Brand Standards.
Supervisors must have strong communication skills and be comfortable talking to guests during positive and negative experiences. They must have strong knowledge of POS operation, and be able to reconcile the days sales at the end of the shift. Supervisors are also responsible for confirming that all opening and closing sidework have been done, completing end of day cashout reconciliations with staff, and securing the restaurant.
The person in this position must be physically able to spend the majority of their work day on their feet and be able to push, pull, and lift up to 50 lb. The shifts are both days and nights and include weekends and holidays. A typical work week will be between 40-50 hours, with more time being needed during periods of extremely heavy business, including Christmas week and President's week. Restaurant Supervisors must present a professional manner and have the ability to maintain their composure during pressure situations resulting from business levels and time constraints. The FOH supervisor acts as the MOD in the absence of the restaurant Manager. This position reports directly to the restaurant manager, or the Director.
- Hire, train, and schedule staff under direction from the restaurant Manager
- Assign server sections
- Follow current written training plan, or implement an acceptable alternative, for onboarding all FOH staff in the restaurant
- Be on the floor during peak business hours for breakfast, lunch, dinner unless the floor is covered by another MOD
- Coordinate and oversee all front of house staff (host/hostess, buss, serve, bartend, bar back) in the absence of the Restaurant Manager
- Conduct frequent and consistent guest table visits
- Assign opening and closing shift duties, assign server/busser sections, check out staff for end of shift cashouts, and sidework completion
- Make cuts to staffing levels based on business volume
- Constantly communicate with the Manager in regards to any and all supply needs
- Work with the Manager to promote drink specials, wine list, and beer selections
- Request maintenance and repairs as needed for FOH
- Communicate frequently with BOH and assist in coordinating BOH staff in absence of kitchen Chef or Sous
- Conduct pre-shift meetings with staff
- Operate the FOH within the guidelines outlined in the Boyne Brand Standard Audit
- Three or more years of restaurant experience in multiple capacities
- Supervisory experience is preferred