Join Sunday River's food and beverage team and deliver top notch customer service to our guests! Our waitstaff is friendly, professional, outgoing, and customer-oriented, so bring your best smile and a positive attitude. Become a part of the team that makes great meals and memories happen!
The waitstaff's job is a front-of-the-house, directly guest-facing, hands-on position. Waitstaff meets and greets guests and provides them with top-notch customer service from start to finish of the guest experience.
Waitstaff will serve and receive payment for alcoholic drinks and food for customers while operating within Local, State, Federal and Sunday River guidelines. At times this job can be intense and high stress do to peak volume, so this position requires the ability to do more than one thing at a time. Waitstaff are responsible for proper money management and handling and accurate cashouts daily. At times large quantities of money may be in their possession. The position requires the capacity to describe all items on the outlet's drink, wine, and food menus.
Waitstaff must be able to inform guests of the menu choices at other mountain restaurants, promote area activities and be able to answer general knowledge questions involving the resort. They must operate at all times under the guidelines of Boyne's Brand Standards and be physically able to spend the majority of their work day on their feet while pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
Shifts may be available both days and/or nights depending on the outlet's hours of operation and will include weekends and holidays with more time being needed during periods of extremely heavy business.
- Complete daily set-up, stocking, tear-down, and over-all sanitization of the service areas and FOH in the restaurant
- Keep floors, chairs and tables clean in each section
- Pre-bussing tables, re-set tables
- Complete opening and closing shift duties, cashouts, and sidework as assigned by MOD, FOH supervisor or Lead Server
- Immediately communicate with the Manager in regards to any guest concerns or complaints
- Must be able to quickly and correctly answer guest questions in regards to the menu, upselling, ingredients, and offer suggestions
- Must have knowledge of liquor service, availability of specialty cocktails, and commonly ordered alcoholic beverages for upselling and guest questions
- Must be able to verbally promote drink specials, wine list, and beer selections as well as any entrée/app specials not on the printed menus
- Communicate to MOD maintenance and repairs as needed for FOH in order for bar and/or dining room to be presentable and in working order for all guests
- Follow state, local, federal, and Sunday River guidelines and laws on proper liquor service
- Must be able to inform guests of the menu choices at other mountain restaurants, promote area activities and be able to answer general knowledge questions involving the resort
- Responsible for operating the FOH within the guidelines outlined in the Boyne Brand Standard Audit
- At times of high volume within the resort, assistance may be required outside of the assigned outlet
- High School degree or equivalent required
- Ideal candidate will have T.I.P.S. training and relevant experience
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including, days, nights, weekends, and holidays