Chief Quality Officer (Full Time)
The North County Healthcare, NCH Chief Quality Officer leads, facilitates, oversees and/or participates in activities designed to support clinical excellence, patient experience and improvement initiatives throughout NCH. Utilizes quality concepts, data analysis, and team facilitation skills to facilitate improvement initiatives. Reporting to, and under the direction of the NCH CEO, assists in the development of annual quality initiatives and drives progress of annual clinical quality improvement priorities throughout NCH. Collaborates with and informs NCH leaders of opportunities for improvement based on data, best practices, and evidence. Provides clear direction for change and assists in change management. In addition to leading NCH System quality initiatives.
- Leads the NCH clinical teams, assists in selecting meaningful & attainable quality goals, based on historical and benchmarking metrics and key drivers of each affiliate, prioritizes initiatives, implements incremental change and reports progress of annual clinical priorities and other improvement initiatives.
- Ensures achievement and sustainability of improvements.
- Communicates and celebrates achievement and sustainability with facility & NCH leaders.
- Monitors and analyzes data related to clinical quality initiatives in an effort to proactively plan and implement improvement initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with Chief Medical Officers to create and oversee physician quality program.
- Serves as leader, facilitator, coach, or co-team leader as needed to achieve quantifiable improvements on clinical priority initiatives.
- Ensures adherence to framework for improvement and the use of tools such as the Deming Plan-Do-Check model, rapid cycle improvement, & Lean Management. (Just culture?)
- Interacts with NCH Patient Safety leaders to ensure achievement and sustainability of improvement initiatives that stem from the Patient Safety Program to include Root Cause Analysis and ensures actions plans are created, implemented and improvement attained and maintained.
- Leads and participates in proactively planning current and future quality related initiatives based on regional and national networking and benchmarking of evidence-based changes
- Leads development of NCH quality Scorecard.
- Collaborates with other NCH quality staff with evidence-based care design, process excellence, infection control, & patient safety.
- Collaborates, establishes, and maintains strong relationships with facility, nursing, physician, and clinical leaders in order to support clinical excellence. Routinely interacts with leaders throughout NCH to inform, gain feedback, and collaborate on improvement opportunities, initiatives, shortcomings, and successes.
- Minimally a bachelors degree in nursing or health care related field. Graduate level degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years experience leading a highly performing quality team within a hospital or health system
- In-depth knowledge of national trends and active nationally within the quality and performance improvement space
- Relevant experience using advanced clinical technologies to drive operationally efficiencies and outcome improvement
- Experience as a leader for performance excellence and applied knowledge of a performance improvement methodology, such as Lean or Six Sigma
- Experience leading quality improvement initiatives that are collaborative, results-oriented and data-driven required.
- Strong analytical skill.
- Lean Six Sigma Certified, preferred Black Belt
- Experience working with centers for excellence and disease specific programs highly preferred.
- Ability to provide mentorship and guidance to clinical staff at all levels