Multi-Modality Radiology Tech Mammo
Full Time (36 to 40), Days, Primarily day shift, occasional weekends, call (2-3 times per month)
- Under the direction of the radiologists and the supervision of the Director of Imaging and Cardiopulmonary Services, operates dedicated mammography unit to perform breast imaging. Includes diagnostic breast imaging and needle localization procedures.
- Education, Required Licenses/Certifications: Must be a graduate of an American Medical Association approved school of radiologic technology.
- The registry requirement for this position is ARRT (R) (M).
Work Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Training and/or experience specific to radiology practices regarding neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients is required.
- Must be willing to cross train in additional imaging modalities.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with patients, co-workers, practitioners, and visitors is required.
- Willingness to work in team-oriented environment is necessary.
- Effective communication skills are required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with Meditech Health Information System is preferred.
- Familiarity with computer applications required.
- Must have technical aptitude and a willingness to learn software applications used at AVH.