Respiratory Therapist, Registered
Full Time (36 to 40), Rotating
- Under the direction of practitioners and the supervision of the Cardiopulmonary Services Clinical Supervisor, provides therapeutic and diagnostic cardiopulmonary services in accordance with practitioner prescriptions and policies set forth by Androscoggin Valley Hospital and the Cardiopulmonary Department.
- Education, Required Licenses/Certifications: Must be a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) and licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner by the State of New Hampshire.
- Must be CPR Certified and demonstrate judgment capabilities regarding diagnostic and therapeutic modalities.
- Neonatal resuscitation certification preferred.
- CPFT certification preferred.
- Asthma Educator certification preferred.
Work Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of applicable physiology and pathology.Ability to work independently.
- Willingness to work in a team-oriented environment is necessary.Effective communication skills are required.
- Five years of clinical experience preferred.
- Active rotation from the Pulmonary Clinic to RT staff work is required, as predetermined by Cardiopulmonary Clinical Supervisor.
- Rotation for on call duties is also required for this position.
- May also require cross training in EEG and sleep medicine depending on workload and department operations.
- Familiarity with computer applications required.
- Must have technical aptitude and a willingness to learn software applications used at AVH.