Ultrasound Tech - Radiology
Full Time (36 to 40), Days, M-F
- Under the direction of the radiologists and the supervision of the Imaging Services Cardiopulmonary Director, the Ultrasonographer, utilizes high frequency ultrasound to produce images for OB/GYN, abdominal, peripheral vascular, carotid doppler and small parts studies. Recognizes significance of all structures visualized. Differentiates artifact from normal or pathologic processes. Recognizes equipment limitations.
- Education, Required Licenses/Certifications: Must be a graduate of an American Medical Association approved school of ultrasonography. Must be registered by the ARDMS in either abdominal or OB/Gyn (both preferred).
Work Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Training and/or experience specific to ultrasound/radiology practices regarding neonatal, pediatric,adolescent, adult and geriatric patients is required.
- Minimum of one year of ultrasound experience required, three years preferred.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with patients, co-workers, practitioners, and visitors is required.
- Willingness to work in team-oriented environment is necessary.
- Effective communication skills are required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with Meditech Health Information System is preferred.
- Familiarity with computer applications required.
- Must have technical aptitude and a willingness to learn software applications used at AVH.