Group Coordination Manager
The Group Coordination Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and communicating details for all Sunday River group business. This position is tasked with gathering and communicating the necessary details for each group's visit to ensure all group needs are met. The Group Coordination Manager must be a motivated individual who is detail-oriented, organized, an effective communicator, and able to manage their time efficiently.
- Plan, organize, and manage all details for group bookings
- Develop meaningful relationships with key clients, based on honesty and trust, in order to drive future sales and repeat business
- Develop meaningful relationships with Sunday River team members to drive collaboration amongst departments and divisions across the resort
- Serve as the point-of-contact for weddings the day of the event, acting as an in-house Wedding Coordinator
- Use effective sales techniques to upsell groups to higher end and/or additional revenue opportunities
- Interpret the needs of the customer and translate that into solutions to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Effectively communicate group needs to necessary individuals and departments using: Delphi, SMS, Microsoft Office, etc
- Respond to client questions and concerns in a timely manner and identify solutions as needed
- Maintain accurate records of group business, providing a complete history for each group
- Create estimates and review invoices, collect deposits and final payments based on contracted terms. Work with accounting on reconciliation
- Be knowledgeable about Sunday River's food & beverage programs, recreational programs, and A/V offerings and upsell whenever appropriate and possible
- Adhere to all department and resort policies and procedures
- Regularly communicate ideas with Director of Group Coordination to improve the servicing of groups
Must have an Associate's Degree or equivalent. Ideal candidate will have one to two years of relevant experience.