SnowSports School Product Sales Associate
Sunday River is seeking SnowSports School Product Sales Associates to join our team.
The Sunday River SnowSports School team members are enthusiastic, ambitious, love the mountain lifestyle, have a positive “get ‘er done attitude” and are passionate about providing exceptional guest service. If that sounds like you, we want you on our team! We have fun, love what we do, work together as a team and use every guest interaction as an opportunity to create lifelong skiers and snowboarders. Come join us this winter!
Full-time, part-time and temporary positions are available. Team members must be available to work on specified days during the busiest times of the season, which include weekends and holidays.
Core Responsibilities for the Snow Sports School Team Member:
- Commitment to Exceptional Guest Service – Team members are expected to provide all guests with a caring, efficient and quality experience. Every guest interaction should be focused on sharing our passion for extraordinary service and creating lifelong skiers and snowboarders.
- Support Team Work – Team members are expected to work effectively and efficiently with fellow team members and managers, fulfill schedule commitments and add availability during peak times, be on time and prepared for work, be pro-active in helping during registration times, willing to take on more responsibilities as needed and accept daily assignments with a positive “can-do” attitude!
- Advocate of Safety – Team members are expected to actively promote and act as a role model of the responsibility code, Park Etiquette and Education Program, and Sunday River’s safety policies.
- Pursue Professional Development – Team members are encouraged to take advantage of in-house training and mentoring. Team members should actively access their skills and seek feedback and guidance from other team members, trainers and managers that can support their development. Team members should be committed to improving, learning and developing as a team member, we are always “green and growing” and are always striving to be the best team member we can be!
- Team members will be required to gain a strong knowledge of Sunday River and products including locations of resort amenities, locations of chairlifts and trails, product rates, discounts offered, promotions, event schedule, timing, duration and hours of products.
- Warmly welcome and professionally greet every guest at your sales location.
- Answer any and all guest questions about Sunday River and the SnowSports School over the phone, via email and in person. You are expected to be friendly (even on the 100th question), accurate and thorough.
- Take reservations and sell products over the phone and in person while using proper etiquette and polite verbiage to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Maintain sales location in a clean, neat and orderly fashion.
- Accurately and efficiently use computer sales system to complete guest transactions.
- Accurately make change for guests paying with cash and maintain a balanced cash drawer through all transactions.
- Assist with the daily operations of the SnowSports School including registering guests, fitting rental equipment and serving lunch.
- Thank every guest for visiting Sunday River and display a “we want you back” attitude.
- Be familiar with and adhere to the policies and procedures of the resort Team Handbook and the SnowSports School Manual.
- Respectfully use team member benefits as they are outlined in resort policies.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in job sharing; assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; sharing insights from guest interactions and ideas for improvements; accepting diverse assignments; maintaining a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all team member and guest interactions.
- Encourage friends, family and others interested in snowsports to also join our team.
- Meet schedule commitments to cover business needs. Help cover as many of the peak business days as possible.
- Work with and support SnowSports School instructors to provide the best guest experience possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to becoming a skilled sales associate and fluent in Sunday River’s sales software, RTP. We don’t expect you to join our team knowing everything (or even anything) about the computer systems, SnowSports School and Sunday River, but we do expect you be committed to improving, learning and evolving as team member. We are committed to helping you improve as a sales associate through opportunities including training, team selling and mentorship. We are committed to helping you be the best sales associate you can be, we expect you to be committed to the same goal.
- Enjoy providing high-quality service in an accurate and thorough manner. We thrive on making Sunday River our guests’ “Happy Place!”
- Be able to communicate well with guests, both children and adults, other team members and managers. Clear, courteous, timely and well-spoken communication skills are required.
- Ability to keep a positive outlook, maintain high attention to detail, problem solve, multi-task, improvise, adapt, adjust, stay calm and maintain a high quality of work during high volume periods and overcome challenges in the, faster-than-average, working environment as needed.
- Ability to help create quality snowsport experiences for guests, time and time again.
- Applicants must have prior computer experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- While NOT required, prior experience in guest service and/or point of sale is favored.
- While NOT mandatory, prior experience with RTP is favored.