Sunday River is seeking a Snowmaking Manager to oversee our award-winning team of up to 50 snowmakers and manage all aspects of our industry-leading snowmaking operation. Join us and help Make Winter Happen!
This is a full time year round position that is responsible for all aspects of the snowmaking department and related operations including but not limited to capital projects and resort events. The Snowmaking Manager reports directly to the Director of Snow Surfaces and should have 5-10 years experience in the snowmaking field, a detailed understanding of the snowmaking process, a high level of comfort operating and maintaining machines and equipment, and excellent management skills.
- Hiring, scheduling, supervising, coaching and evaluating Team Members
- Creating budgets and capital project plans for snowmaking operations and operating within those budgets
- Overseeing the operation, maintenance and repairs of snowmaking system and equipment
- Creating snowmaking plans on a daily basis while working with other departments
- Adhering to Resort Safety policies and procedures
- Scheduling annual PM and advocating for capital improvements of the snowmaking system
- Managing & executing the pace of work (drive production, flexible schedule, coach/motivate)
- 5-10 years experience in the snowmaking field
- Associate’s degree or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of snowmaking principles (process, fluid characteristics, weather patterns, etc.)
- In depth knowledge of snowmaking equipment (snow guns, pipe, pumps, compressors, electrical & controls)
- Ability to perform general equipment maintenance (field/shop repairs, welding, cleaning/ inspecting)
- Familiarity with machine operation (excavator, ATV/UTV, snowmobile, other various equipment)