GACP Freestyle Coach
Join Sunday River's Gould Academy Competition Program as a Freestyle Coach! Coaches are responsible for the daily instruction and coaching of basic and advanced skiing techniques and tactics in freestyle competition. Qualified candidates will have freestyle skiing experience, possess effective coaching skills, and must be able to work in a team environment. Freestyle Coaches are also the contact for participants' parents.
- Daily coaching of basic and advanced skiing techniques and tactics in freestyle competition
- Work with development team to prepare, implement, and review daily training schemes
- Monitor athletes, ages 8-18, during scheduled training sessions, on-hill and "in-house"
- Maintain group attendance each session
- Be familiar with the use, maintenance, and cleanup of assigned training facilities
- Be familiar with the use, maintenance, and storage of training related equipment
- Ensure safety of all staff and participants
- Assist with maintaining adequate course preparations for training and competitions
- Abide by the Sunday River Events and Competition Skiing Policy.
- Abide by "Your Responsibility Code"
- Maintain professional coach's license with United States Ski and Snowboard Association and Maine Alpine Racing Association
- Will be required to ski up to 6 hours per day
Advanced freestyle skiing experience is required. Must be an exemplary freestyle skier, able to demonstrate appropriate techniques on all types of terrain (beginner, intermediate, advanced) and in all types of snow conditions. Freestyle skiing teaching or coaching experience and/or previous freestyle experience is preferred.
To successfully perform this position, candidate must possess a visible enthusiasm for freestyle skiing.