GACP Snowboard Coach
Join Sunday River's Gould Academy Competition Program as a Snowboard Coach! Coaches are responsible for the daily instruction and coaching of basic and advanced snowboarding techniques and tactics in snowboarding competition. Qualified candidates will have snowboarding competition experience, possess effective coaching skills, and must be able to work in a team environment. Snowboard Coaches are also the contact for participants' parents.
- Daily coaching of basic and advanced snowboarding techniques and tactics in snowboard racing
- Work with development team to prepare, implement, and review daily training schemes
- Monitor athletes, ages 8-18, during scheduled training sessions, on-hill and "in-house"
- Maintain group attendance each session
- Be familiar with the use, maintenance, and clean up of assigned training facilities
- Be familiar with the use, maintenance, and storage of training related equipment
- Ensure safety of all staff and participants
- Assist with maintaining adequate course preparations for training and competitions
- Abide by the Sunday River Events and Competition Skiing Policy.
- Abide by "Your Responsibility Code"
- Maintain professional coaches license with United States Ski and Snowboard Association and/or American Association of Snowboard Instructors
- Will be required to snowboard up to 6 hours per day
Advanced snowboarding experience is required. Must be an exemplary snowboarder, able to demonstrate appropriate techniques on all types of terrain (beginner, intermediate, advanced) and in all types of snow conditions. Snowboarding teaching or coaching experience and/or previous competition experience is preferred.
To successfully perform this position, candidate must possess a visible enthusiasm for snowboarding.