Jordan Rental Technician
Work where you play! The Jordan Rental Tech is responsible for fitting guests with equipment, including skis, boots, poles, and helmets, as well as utilizing a point of sale system. The Jordan Rental Tech reports to the rental shop at the Jordan Hotel each day and is responsible for the upkeep of this remote rental shop location.
The Jordan Rental Shop is open on weekends and holidays, which allows the person in this position to enjoy their time off on the slopes on most non-holiday midweek days! The shop opens in December and closes in March.
Attention to detail and the ability to work alone is key in maintaining success in this position. Having a flexible schedule is also required, as the shop hours are based around guest needs and significant check-in/check-out days for the Hotel.
- Report to work on time for every shift dressed in uniform and wearing your nametag
- Accept training and pass binding certification test as required
- Verify rental form is completed and signed by guests
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper boot fit and selection
- Select the proper ski and binding or snowboard and binding
- Physically help fit customers with equipment and make all proper adjustments
- Inspect equipment for damage, adjust binding settings correctly for each guest
- Explain in detail to customer how bindings operate
- Legibly record Ski # or SB# , length, binding settings and initial all appropriate boxes provided
- Properly file all signed rental forms
- Maintain inventory of equipment and update the Rental Manager weekly
- Learn about all rental and retail equipment, Snowsports clinics, ticketing process and pricing
- Stay up to date on all resort safety trainings and event schedules
- Remain in communication with Rental manager as needed for shop needs/assistance
- Keep all work areas clean and neat
This is an entry-level position that does not require prior training. All the necessary training will be provided on the job and staff should demonstrate good performance of their job tasks within a two week time frame. Knowledge about skiing and/or snowboarding is crucial to the success of the position.