SnowSports School Rental Technician
The Sunday River SnowSports School team members are enthusiastic, ambitious, love the mountain lifestyle, have a positive “get ‘er done attitude” and are passionate about providing exceptional guest service. If that sounds like you, we want you on our team! We have fun, love what we do, work together as a team and use every guest interaction as an opportunity to create lifelong skiers and snowboarders. Come join us this winter!
Full-time, Part-time and Temporary Rental Technician positions are available. Team members must be available to work on specified days during the busiest times of the season, which include weekends and holidays.
Core Responsibilities for the Snow Sports School Team Member:
- Commitment to Exceptional Guest Service – Team members are expected to provide all guests with a caring, efficient and quality experience. Every guest interaction should be focused on sharing our passion for extraordinary service and creating lifelong skiers and snowboarders.
- Support Team Work – Team members are expected to work effectively and efficiently with fellow team members and managers, fulfill schedule commitments and add availability during peak times, be on time and prepared for work, be pro-active in helping during registration times, willing to take on more responsibilities as needed and accept daily assignments with a positive “can-do” attitude!
- Advocate of Safety – Team members are expected to actively promote and act as a role model of the responsibility code, Park Etiquette and Education Program, and Sunday River’s safety policies.
- Pursue Professional Development – Team members are encouraged to take advantage of in-house training and mentoring. Team members should actively access their skills and seek feedback and guidance from other team members, trainers and managers that can support their development. Team members should be committed to improving, learning and developing as a team member, we are always “green and growing” and are always striving to be the best team member we can be!
- Warmly welcome and professionally greet every guest.
- Verify, inspect and file rental forms.
- Ensure proper boot and equipment fit for every guest.
- Determine and record appropriate binding settings.
- Educate guests about how to put on equipment and ideal fit.
- Inspect and track equipment. Work with the main rental shop to insure equipment is tuned as needed.
- Make sure rental shops are fully stocked with a wide variety of sizes. Retrieve equipment from main rental shop and share equipment between shops as needed.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Thank every guest for visiting Sunday River and display a “we want to back” attitude.
- Assist with the daily operations of the SnowSports School including registering guests, fitting rental equipment, interacting with children and adults, serving lunch and help guests check their children out, gather belongings and take off equipment at the end of the day.
- Be familiar with and adhere to the policies and procedures of the resort Team Handbook and the SnowSports School Manual.
- Respectfully use team member benefits as they are outlined in resort policies.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in job sharing; assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; sharing insights from guest interactions and ideas for improvements; accepting diverse assignments; maintaining a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all team member and guest interactions.
- Encourage friends, family and others interested in snowsports to also join our team.
- Meet schedule commitments to cover business needs. Help cover as many of the peak business days as possible.
- Work with and support SnowSports School instructors to provide the best guest experience possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to becoming a skilled team member. We don’t expect you to join our team knowing everything (or even anything) about rental equipment, the SnowSports School and Sunday River, but we do expect you be committed to improving, learning and evolving as team member. We are committed to helping you improve as a team member through opportunities including training and mentorship. We are committed to helping you be the best team member you can be, we expect you to be committed to the same goal.
- Enjoy providing high-quality service in an accurate and thorough manner. We thrive on making Sunday River our guests’ “Happy Place!”
- Be able to communicate well with guests, both children and adults, other team members and managers. Clear, courteous, timely and well-spoken communication skills are required.
- Ability to keep a positive outlook, maintain high attention to detail, problem solve, multi-task, improvise, adapt, adjust, stay calm and maintain a high quality of work during high volume periods and overcome challenges in the, faster-than-average, working environment as needed.
- Ability to help create quality snowsport experiences for guests, time and time again.