Speedworks Tune Shop Technician
Speedworks is the country's only race and equipment tuning partnership between a resort and college prep academy. New this winter, Speedworks will be located Gould Academy's new on-snow complex just 5 miles from Sunday River Resort, on-campus in Bethel, Maine.
Full-time and part-time technicians report to the Speedworks Tune Shop Manager and are tasked with providing exceptional guest service to full-time Gould Academy on-snow athletes, coaches, faculty, and (indirectly) parents, as it relates to the ongoing race equipment orders, equipment maintenance, and repair. On-snow disciplines serviced will include alpine, snowboarding, and Nordic.
Speedworks Tune Shop Technicians execute numerous functions related to a high-quality equipment tuning and repair shop, including but not limited to ongoing safety training, opening and closing a point of sale, tracking and filing all paperwork and any binding certifications, maintaining a clean and organized area, and ordering/stocking/tracking inventory and repairs as needed.
- Tune race equipment with consistent perfection
- Fit the highest performing skiers and snowboarders into the proper equipment, including bindings and boots
- Ensure that athletes are always well-equipped for training and/or racing
- Maintain knowledge of current race products and ski/board tuning trends
- Comply with cash handling policies and procedures
- Organize and track supply inventory
- Lead by example: safety first; arrive on time, with proper, clean attire; and act as a representative of Sunday River to fellow team members, valued resort partners, and minors on and off-resort property
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous rental shop and tuning knowledge preferred