About the Bethel Area Chamber of Commerce
The mission of the Bethel Area Chamber of Commerce is to encourage a climate where business in the membership area can flourish.
What does the Bethel Area Chamber of Commerce do?
- Facilitates communication between our business members and the other facets of our community: municipal officials, educational institutions, other community organizations, and the general public.
- Staffs and operates a local and regional information center.
- Organizes community events including MollyOckett Day, Harvestfest & Chowdah Cookoff, and Local Craft & Wares Fair
- Maintain a community events calendar for member businesses and other community groups, churches and non-profits.
- Develops and facilitates marketing projects to promote the Bethel area in all four seasons.
- Organizes networking events for our members including a monthly Community Networking Breakfast and a monthly Business After Hours.
- Acts as a media contact for the Bethel area.
The chamber collaborates with regional and statewide organizations to represent its members. It is a member of the following organizations: Mahoosuc Initiative, Maine Innkeepers Association, Maine Tourism Association, Maine Lakes and Mountains Tourism Council, Bethel Area Nonprofit Collaborative, Maine State Chamber of Commerce, Ski Maine Association, and Maine Development Foundation.