Need help starting or running a business in the Bethel, Maine area?
The Bethel area is a wonderful location to operate a business while at the same time living in a community of caring people, great schools, and beautiful natural resources. Located in Oxford County, Maine at the junction of US Route 2 and Maine Routes 26, & 5, the Bethel area has quick access to its neighbors north, south, east, and west. Bethel also operates a regional airport.
The Bethel Area Chamber is here to support local business. Call (207) 824-2282 with questions – we’ll help point you in the right direction.
Contact information for the communities in our service area: Andover, Bethel, Gilead, Greenwood, Hanover, Newry, Upton, and Woodstock, Maine.
Contact the town in which your business is located for questions regarding permits, planning/zoning requirements, inspections, etc.
View town office contact info
Regional Economic Development Organizations
- Community Concepts Finance Corp. (Formerly Western Maine Economic Development Council)
- Androscoggin Valley Council of Governments
State of Maine Business Development Resources
- Maine Department of Economic and Community Development
- Maine DECD has account executives to help you navigate state government. The Bethel area is served by Diane Jackson. Contact Diane Jackson.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) of Maine - Free technical assistance, access to capital and access to government contracting.
- Invest in Maine U.S.A.
- State of Maine Business Information
- Maine Center for Entrepreneurial Development
- Maine Technology Institute
IRS Tax Information
- Central Maine Community College (CMMC) Center for Workforce and Professional Development
- Oxford Hills SCORE Chapter
- Maine Department of Labor
- Maine CareerCenter