Public Wedding Ceremony Locations
Artists' Covered Bridge
The Artists' Covered Bridge over the Sunday River in the Town of Newry, Maine is a popular spot for small wedding ceremonies and wedding photos. The Newry Town Office maintains an events calendar for the bridge as a courtesy to parties wishing to hold special occasions there. However, entry on the calendar does not guarantee exclusive use but merely serves notice to anyone who inquires at the office that events are planned. Others may well use the bridge for picnics, bus tours, swimming, photos, etc. without consulting the calendar and are certainly welcome to do so.
Rules & Restrictions for The Artists' Covered Bridge: The Artists' Bridge over Sunday River is owned by the State of Maine and is maintained by Maine DOT. As a public historical site it is, of course, open to everyone at all times. Exclusive use of the facility by any one party is not within its public purpose. The State of Maine has recently put on a few new restrictions:
- Maximum of 50 people
- No dancing
- No marching in cadence
- No candles
- No open fires
Read complete details about the Artists' Covered bridge HERE.
Contact the Town of Newry to inquire about holding your wedding at the bridge.
Bethel Town Common Gazebo
The Bethel Town Common (also known as Bethel Village Common), located in Bethel's National Historic District on Broad Street, has a lovely gazebo/bandstand which is the scene of many events and weddings throughout the year.
Contact the Town of Bethel to rent the gazebo.
Middle Intervale Meeting House
745 Intervale Road, Bethel, ME
The Middle Intervale Meeting House, located about 4 miles outside of the Town of Bethel on the Intervale Road, is an ideal site for a wedding or celebratory ceremony. The Meeting House was built in 1816 and was enhanced with some Greek Revival features in 1857. It has basically been unaltered since that date. Located in the then center of Bethel, it served as both a church for several denominations and as a location for town meetings for many years. There are box pews and the Meeting House has both a piano and an organ. The building has been preserved by its historical society and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
For information, please contact Pat Carter at (207) 381-5911.