The Bethel Area Chamber of Commerce works hard to encourage a positive business climate, promote Bethel as a tourist destination, and organize some of Bethel’s biggest events. We need volunteers throughout the year, and students are welcome!
Saturday, July 15, 2017 (Always the third Saturday in July)
The biggest event in Bethel! Help is needed:
On the organizing committee
Setting up and taking down tents, tables, and chairs
Staffing the Chamber’s info & sales booth
Directing traffic around road closures
Setting up the parade
Removing waste throughout the day
Sunday, August 6, 2017
One of the oldest triathlons in the state, the Maine State Triathlon is a fundraiser for the chamber and requires about 60 volunteers. It is based out of The Bethel Inn Resort's boathouse on Songo Pond. We need help:
- Directing traffic and racers at road closures
- Stocking the post-race snack table
- Checking in racers
- Lifeguards and monitoring swimmers from boats
- Assembling goody bags for racers
Saturday, September 16, 2017 (Always the 3rd Saturday in September)
A fun fall event on the common with a chowder competition, arts & crafts vendors, and a farmers’ market. Jobs include:
- Waste sorting and removal – we are always looking for ways to be more sustainable!
- Set-up and removal of tables, chairs, and tents
- Food prep – baked potatoes, grill, etc.
- Chowder ticket sellers
We occasionally need help with our visitors’ information center – organizing, tidying, making copies, etc.
Got an idea for a new or improved community event, either big or small? Get involved in a planning committee or talk to us about how we can support each other.